Director of Corporate Safety
Baton Rouge, LA 70801 US
The Director of Corporate Safety will ensure Cajun sustains a world class proactive Safety Culture that fulfills our Mission and Vision.
- Ensures Business Unit Managers’ of Safety meet organizational expectations and fulfill their required job duties and responsibilities.
- Leads a high performance safety team through hiring, motivating, coaching, evaluating, rewarding, accountability and resource management.
- Top Safety Professional within the company. Leads by example and embodies Cajun’s safety culture.
- Leads development and monitoring of corporate health and safety program based on state and federal requirements, client requirements, company goals, and best safety practices.
- Collaborates with Executive and Senior Management to implement safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety manuals, incident reporting processes, investigation procedures, emergency response, and other similar processes are best of class and executed appropriately.
- Voting Member of Cajun’s Risk Management Committee.
- Leads the Safety Roundtable for the company. Ensures the Safety Roundtable is effective and provides maximum value.
- Oversees preparation of and responses to customer and governmental agency reporting requirements.
- Oversees Cajun’s corporate “Good Catch” Recognition Program
- Oversees the Drug and Alcohol program in accordance with corporate policies and practices
- Oversees investigations, reviews, and analyzes incidents identifying direct causes and root causes. Collaborates with leaders to develop prevention strategies and communicates strategies to the appropriate parties.
- Monitor internal and external safety auditing programs and ensure corrective actions are executed timely and appropriately.
- Monitor all work-related injuries and verify return-to-work and light-duty programs are completed correctly.
- Provides support with Worker’s Compensation claims in accordance with company and state policies. Works closely with Risk and Insurance teams in this regard.
- Collaborates with Training Department to deliver effective safety training, required certifications and incident prevention programs.
- Collaborates with Business development and marketing team on related presentations and marketing activities or pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Ensures safety compliance on ISNet, Avetta, PEC and other similar systems.
- Measures environmental, health and safety metrics and provides timely analytics using internal tools.
- Collaborates with other safety professionals nationwide to monitor trends and provide recommendations.
- Authors publications for Company communications
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or construction field, plus seven years’ experience administering a comparable Safety and Environmental program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Four or more years of supervisory experience required.
- Multi-site or Mega Site safety management experience.
- Experience in industrial and/or heavy construction environment required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including effectively multi-task, strong analytical skills, and customer service focus.
- Excellent computer skills and able to learn company systems and processes.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.